M.Ed. with Early Childhood Education and SEN - Asian College of Teachers
The Master of Arts in Education with Early Childhood and Special Education, offered by ACT, is an advanced program designed and developed to focus on interdisciplinary preparation for teaching positions in the early childhood field with specific emphasis on children with special educational needs. Get acquainted with the efficiency to teach children with various levels of ability in both general and inclusive classroom settings for grades 1 to 5. Research on early childhood pedagogical strategies advocate the fact that educators need to aware of the individual needs of children and offer resources that cater to those needs which, in a way, will stimulate student thinking to boost their learning.
Successful completion of this course will allow you to a greater understanding of the best practices that would promote optimum learning and development of all young learners leading to a developmentally appropriate environment for children with special needs and a positive impact on the quality of learning. The degree will be awarded by the European International University (EIU-Paris).
The program focuses on some major elements such as:
- Providing in-depth knowledge in educational psychology and childhood theories, developmental aspects of children and their holistic growth.
- Ways to help young learners to work in a self-paced manner and level them with appropriate support and intervention and review students necessitating a slower pace.
- Identifying disabilities and design lesson plans apt for learners with varying disabilities in an inclusive classroom environment.
- Developing strategies to address the different intellectual, emotional, and behavioural needs of young learners and look for the barriers in learning particular activities, lessons which may act as a hurdle for SEN students.
- Implementing approaches to work with children in inclusive settings, including teaching them in a manner to stimulate their interest and enthusiasm in learning.
- Taking a proactive and systematic approach to teaching young learners in regular and inclusive classrooms and apply the best approaches and apply practical knowledge aptly in the development of curricula and instructional strategies.
- You can complete the full program of study in minimum duration of 12 months, and a maximum duration of up to 24 months.
- However, those unable to complete the program within the stipulated time will be given a grace period of 1 year and the student would be required to pay a maintenance bench fee to finish his/her degree within that grace period.
- The course is conducted on a 100% online mode of learning
- There are a total of 90 credit hours
- Online master’s course offers enough flexibility to the candidates that allows them to pursue the program across the globe
Our entire Master program under Faculty of Education has four distinct parts:
- Part One – Foundation Course which comprises of 10 credits and 3 Subjects
- Part Two – Core Program comes with 30 credits and 6 Subjects
- Part Three – Specialization of Subjects comes with 20 credits divided into 4 Specialized subjects
- Part Four – Capstone Project which is a reflective research work comprises of 30 credits
- Candidates willing to enrol requires a recognised graduate degree in any field/equivalent level
- Life Experience and prior learning credits are also applicable
- Requires English proficiency with a level of - IELTS Level 5.0 or High School study of all subjects in English or at least 55% marks in English in your High School
- Knowledge of internet and browsing, MS Word and online research skill is required
The Master’s program will benefit you in pursuing a career in teaching young learners in both general and inclusive settings with an in-depth knowledge in the field of special education which will make you adept in understanding the philosophies behind early childhood learning, beliefs and attitudes.
- 2750 USD – If Paying from USA or paying in USD
- 2400 GBP – If Paying from UK or EU
- 93,000 Thai Baht – If Paying in Asia
- Once you register for a course, you are responsible for dropping any course you decide not to attend.
- Once you have enrolled in the program and you wish to immediately pull out before any access has been granted - 50% of the tuition fee will be refunded
- No refund for students who have received course access and have already started off with the program from ACT
- Read all Terms and Conditions before making payments
- Processing of refunds make take up to 3 months
Curriculum and Credits
Foundation (10 credits)
- Psychology and Characteristics of Learners
- Conducting Accurate Internet Research
Core (30 credits)
- 1. Developing, Planning & Designing learning Environment
- 2. Digital literacy – 21st Century Classroom
- 3. Assessment & Evaluation in Education
- 4. Instructional Strategies
- 5. Behavioural Management – Social and Emotional Competence of Learners
- 6. Introduction to Education Research
Specializations (20 credits)
- 1. Early Childhood Studies – Fundamentals
- 2. Teaching and Learning in Early Years
- 3. Inclusive Classroom Strategies I
- 4. Inclusive Classroom Strategies II
Capstone Project (30 credits) - Choose 1
- 1. Prepare a paper on any one topic of by attending a one live online webinar from ACT – 5000 words
- 2. Attend any seminar in Education in your region and create a reflective paper on the same – 5000 words
- 3. Research Paper – Creating a Supportive Inclusive Learning Environment for pre-primary learners – 5000 words
To receive a degree in the program of study the student must achieve the following:
- Complete and pass Foundation, Core and Specialization along with the Capstone project as prescribed in the program specification.
- Obtain a score of 50% and above to satisfactorily pass each subject
- Complete the full program of study in minimum duration of 12 months, and a maximum duration of up to 24 months. However, those unable to complete the program within the stipulated time will be given a grace period of 1 year and the student would be required to pay a maintenance bench fee to finish his/her degree within that grace period.
- Students can attend 6 Live Online Webinar Sessions during the entire program from expert teachers at no additional cost.
- Trainees are awarded Master of Arts in Teaching by the well-known European International University (EIU – Paris).
- Students will receive Letter of Completion from Asian College of Teachers (ACT).
Trainees are awarded Bachelor of Education in Pre and Primary Education by the well-known European International University (EIU-Paris) and a Letter of Completion from Asian College of Teachers (ACT).
- ACT’s admission process is quite easy and compliant
- You can apply online and send in your application
- ACT’s admission department will contact candidates via mail
- Candidates can opt for any form of payment method
- Applications are now open; it takes only 5 minutes to complete.
Earning an advanced master’s degree in Early Childhood & Special Education together will develop your theoretical and practical skills so you can nurture a rich learning environment for learners facing exceptional challenges and make a difference in their lives. If you have a passion for teaching young children and feel the zeal to work with them, consider this as a career option.
On completing this Master’s program, you will receive numerous opportunities to work in the early childhood teaching sector in both regular and inclusive settings. You will also get the opportunity to work in public and private schools in the elementary sections or opt to be associated with the curriculum development and/or even be involved with the administrative wing.
You might wonder what can you do with a master’s in ECC and SEN, outside of the classroom? Well, while most professionals pursuing an online master’s degree in early childhood and special education ultimately get the chance to work as inclusive classroom teachers or shadow teachers, there are several job opportunities available in various institutes that offer education to SEN children.
Expect competitive salaries, flexibility in work and advancement options that aren’t always possible if you are teaching in a public or private school. Therefore, this degree will broaden your career prospects and qualify you for:
- administrator of a day care or preschool facility
- performing leadership roles
- childcare and preschool administrators
- managerial roles within the facility etc.
- ACT provides world-class, international higher education curricula in Education led by an Academic Body comprising highly qualified and internationally accomplished educators and industry experts.
- ACT's higher education programs are duly validated and certified by The European International University, EIU-Paris.
- Asian College of Teachers (ACT) is affiliated to The European International University, EIU-Paris.
- Students successfully completing ACT's cutting-edge international education curricula will receive ACT's certification of completion as well as the Bachelor’s, Masters or Professional Doctoral degree from The European International University, EIU-Paris.
- The European International University, EIU-Paris is a private, independent higher education provider. Read More
- EIU – Paris, is a private higher education establishment authorized by the French Ministry of National Education, Higher Education, Research, and Innovation.
- The European International University, EIU-Paris is accredited by the Accreditation Service for International Schools, Colleges and Universities (ASIC).
- EIU-Paris is duly authorized as a Professional Training service provider in accordance with Article R.6351-6 of the French Employment Code, under the registration number: 11755784775, with the prefecture of the region of ILE-DE-FRANCE.
- EIU – Paris holds organizational membership with CAMBRIDGE INTERNATIONAL ACADEMICS, a U.K. and Wales registered R&D organization whose sole purpose is to enhance the visibility of research themes beyond global approaches and coverage.
- ACT is a member of CPD Certification Service UK and ACT courses are accredited by the International Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (QAHE) and endorsed by NCC Education, an Ofqual regulated awarding organization and a global provider of British education.