Master of Arts in Education with TESOL – Asian College of Teachers
The Master of Arts in Education with TESOL is an advanced program that focuses on the varied aspects of teaching English language. The program offers you with a TESOL curriculum that resonates with the up-to-date methods in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages and acquaints you with requisite competencies for effective teaching and to impart lessons proficiently. The program’s objective is to provide you with the essential experience and confidence to apply acquired skills both in and outside the classroom and even beyond the school atmosphere. The program puts an increasing focus on the process of language acquisition along with the four basic language skills i.e., listening, speaking, reading and writing, lesson planning, need based language teaching etc.The degree will be awarded by the European International University (EIU-Paris).
The program focuses on some major elements such as:
- Utilising your skills and knowledge acquired through the course to stand out in the field of English language teaching.
- Acquiring an in-depth base regarding the basics of TESOL covering grammar and phonology, teaching techniques (Language Skills), classroom and disaster management and lesson planning.
- Getting a detailed base in theory and practice of English language teaching along with TESOL methodologies and approaches to English language teaching to aid better teaching practice.
- Pursuing self-study and conducting your research in language learning and teaching in a range of contexts in view of their application in global classroom instruction.
- Building your expertise in teaching Business English and learn everything about need analysis, adult learning approaches, course design etc.
- Teaching young learners and gaining knowledge in language learning and acquisition, teaching reading, speaking and listening, handling mixed groups of young learners, developing materials in the classroom and correction and evaluation techniques.
- You can complete the full program of study in minimum duration of 12 months, and a maximum duration of up to 24 months.
- However, those unable to complete the program within the stipulated time will be given a grace period of 1 year and the student would be required to pay a maintenance bench fee to finish his/her degree within that grace period.
- The course is conducted on a 100% online mode of learning
- There are a total of 90 credit hours
- Online master’s course offers enough flexibility to the candidates that allows them to pursue the program across the globe
Our entire Master program under Faculty of Education has four distinct parts:
- Part One – Foundation Course which comprises of 10 credits and 3 Subjects
- Part Two – Core Program comes with 30 credits and 6 Subjects
- Part Three – Specialization of Subjects comes with 20 credits divided into 4 Specialized subjects
- Part Four – Capstone Project which is a reflective research work comprises of 30 credits
- Candidates willing to enrol requires a recognised graduate degree in any field / equivalent level
- Life Experience and prior learning credits are also applicable
- Requires English proficiency with a level of - IELTS Level 5.0 or High School study of all subjects in English or at least 55% marks in English in your High School
- Knowledge of internet and browsing, MS Word and online research skill is required
The Master’s program will benefit you to pursue a career in teaching English language along with an in-depth knowledge in the field of education which will make you adept at taking responsibilities in areas such as designing 21st century classroom, fostering digital literacy, curriculum development, academic management, educational assessment and evaluation.
- 2400 GBP – If Paying from UK or EU
- 93,000 Thai Baht – If Paying in Asia
- 200,000 INR – If Paying in India
- Once students register for a course, they are responsible for dropping any course they decide not to attend.
- Once you have enrolled in the program and you wish to immediately pull out before any access has been granted - 50% of the tuition fee will be refunded
- No refund for students who have received course access and have already started off with the program from ACT.
- Read all Terms and Conditions before making payments
- Processing of refunds make take up to 3 months
Curriculum & Credits
Foundation (10 credits)
- Psychology and Characteristics of Learners
- Conducting Accurate Internet Research
Core (30 credits)
- 1. Developing, Planning & Designing learning Environment
- 2. Digital literacy – 21st Century Classroom
- 3. Assessment & Evaluation in Education
- 4. Instructional Strategies
- 5. Behavioral Management – Social and Emotional Competence of Learners
- 6. Introduction to Education Research
Specializations (20 credits)
- 1. TESOL – Fundamentals
- 2. TESOL Methodologies
- 3. Teaching Business English
- 4. Teaching English to Young Learners
Capstone Project (30 credits) - Choose 1
- 1. Prepare a paper on any one topic of by attending a one live online webinar from ACT – 5000 words
- 2. Attend any seminar in Education in your region and create a reflective paper on the same – 5000 words
- 3. Research Paper – Importance of lesson planning in TESOL – 5000 words
To receive a degree in the program of study the student must achieve the following:
- Complete and pass Foundation, Core and Specialization along with the Capstone project as prescribed in the program specification.
- Obtain a score of 50% and above to satisfactorily pass each subject
- Complete the full program of study in minimum duration of 12 months, and a maximum duration of up to 24 months. However, those unable to complete the program within the stipulated time will be given a grace period of 1 year and the student would be required to pay a maintenance bench fee to finish his/her degree within that grace period.
- Students can attend 6 Live Online Webinar Sessions during the entire program from expert teachers at no additional cost.
- Trainees are awarded Master of Arts in Teaching by the well-known European International University (EIU – Paris).
- Students will receive Letter of Completion from Asian College of Teachers (ACT).
Trainees are awarded Bachelor of Education in Pre and Primary Education by the well-known European International University (EIU-Paris) and a Letter of Completion from Asian College of Teachers (ACT).
- ACT’s admission process is quite easy and compliant
- Candidates can apply online and send in their application
- ACT’s admission department will contact candidates via mail
- Candidates can opt for any form of payment method
- Applications are now open; it takes only 5 minutes to complete.
On successful completion of the advanced Master’s program in TESOL, you are eligible to apply for positions of seniority, and can venture into new areas of professional activity such as:
- publishing or content development
- design professional development training sessions
- hold advisory roles in teaching EFL/ESL
- associate with TESOL organizations (national and international levels)
While most aspirants pursuing TESOL careers opt to become educators, there also are prospects for anyone looking for jobs outside the conventional classrooms.
Available positions include:
- Director or administrative staff for an English as a second language (ESL) program
- Developer of English language materials with a private company
- Academic adviser with an educational institution
- Government agency adviser
- Private language arts tutor
- Administrative or teaching staff at an English language center
Majority of nations are willing to hire a TESOL educator with a minimum of a bachelor's degree to teach in schools. With a master’s qualification, there are other career prospects other than teaching in schools which includes:
- administrative positions
- curriculum development
- working for corporate organizations
TESOL teachers may work with both adults and young learners.
- ACT provides world-class, international higher education curricula in Education led by an Academic Body comprising highly qualified and internationally accomplished educators and industry experts.
- ACT's higher education programs are duly validated and certified by The European International University, EIU-Paris.
- Asian College of Teachers (ACT) is affiliated to The European International University, EIU-Paris.
- Students successfully completing ACT's cutting-edge international education curricula will receive ACT's certification of completion as well as the Bachelor’s, Masters or Professional Doctoral degree from The European International University, EIU-Paris.
- The European International University, EIU-Paris is a private, independent higher education provider. Read More
- EIU – Paris, is a private higher education establishment authorized by the French Ministry of National Education, Higher Education, Research, and Innovation.
- The European International University, EIU-Paris is accredited by the Accreditation Service for International Schools, Colleges and Universities (ASIC).
- EIU-Paris is duly authorized as a Professional Training service provider in accordance with Article R.6351-6 of the French Employment Code, under the registration number: 11755784775, with the prefecture of the region of ILE-DE-FRANCE.
- EIU – Paris holds organizational membership with CAMBRIDGE INTERNATIONAL ACADEMICS, a U.K. and Wales registered R&D organization whose sole purpose is to enhance the visibility of research themes beyond global approaches and coverage.
- ACT is a member of CPD Certification Service UK and ACT courses are accredited by the International Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (QAHE) and endorsed by NCC Education, an Ofqual regulated awarding organization and a global provider of British education.