M.Ed. in Teaching Technology - Asian College of Teachers
The Master of Arts in Education with Teaching Technology program by Asian College Of Teachers, emphasizes and equips you with the diverse aspects of smart teaching with the help of advanced tools and technologies. Technology in the classroom not only enriches learners, but empowers teachers as well. 21st century teachers are expected to be tech-savvy as global institutions prefer educators who are updated with knowledge regarding technologies in the field of teaching and make learning relevant to the digital learners of contemporary times thus preparing them for the future. The degree will be awarded by the European International University (EIU-Paris).
The program focuses on some major elements such as:
- Providing the best methods for online instruction, virtual teaching and student engagement by combining modern tools and creative ideas.
- Connecting with technology to build a positive classroom atmosphere to have an in-depth idea of the basics of IT in classroom such as presentation stations in class, surfing the internet, keyboarding and word processing, integrating reading technology and blogging etc.
- Evaluating the recent trends in the methods of classroom instruction and curriculum development and to use that knowledge aptly in the class while being able to decide on the exact tool to make learning engaging.
- Structuring learning and lessons by incorporating the exact technology and creating an engaging virtual classroom for the learners.
- Getting a grip on the technical features of a virtual classroom which will be beneficial for both educators and learners in the learning process.
- You can complete the full program of study in minimum duration of 12 months, and a maximum duration of up to 24 months.
- However, those unable to complete the program within the stipulated time will be given a grace period of 1 year and the student would be required to pay a maintenance bench fee to finish his/her degree within that grace period.
- The course is conducted on a 100% online mode of learning
- There are a total of 90 credit hours
- Online master’s course offers enough flexibility to the candidates that allows them to pursue the program across the globe
Our entire Master program under Faculty of Education has four distinct parts:
- Part One – Foundation Course which comprises of 10 credits and 3 Subjects
- Part Two – Core Program comes with 30 credits and 6 Subjects
- Part Three – Specialization of Subjects comes with 20 credits divided into 4 Specialized subjects
- Part Four – Capstone Project which is a reflective research work comprises of 30 credits
The Master’s program is reinforced by a robust emphasis on education along with honing the technological skills to implement in the classroom, which will engage 21st century learners. You will be equipped with both theoretical and practical aspects, regarding the learning and teaching of learners in a digitally enhanced field of education.
- 2400 GBP – If Paying from UK or EU
- 93,000 Thai Baht – If Paying in Asia
- 200,000 INR – If Paying in India
- Once students register for a course, they are responsible for dropping any course they decide not to attend.
- Once you have enrolled in the program and you wish to immediately pull out before any access has been granted - 50% of the tuition fee will be refunded
- No refund for students who have received course access and have already started off with the program from ACT
- Read all Terms and Conditions before making payments
- Processing of refunds make take up to 3 months
- Candidates willing to enrol requires a recognised graduate degree in any field / equivalent level
- Life Experience and prior learning credits are also applicable
- Requires English proficiency with a level of - IELTS Level 5.0 or High School study of all subjects in English or at least 55% marks in English in your High School
- Knowledge of internet and browsing, MS Word and online research skill is required
Curriculum & Credits
Foundation (10 credits)
- Psychology and Characteristics of Learners
- Conducting Accurate Internet Research
Core (30 credits)
- 1. Developing, Planning & Designing learning Environment
- 2. Digital literacy – 21st Century Classroom
- 3. Assessment & Evaluation in Education
- 4. Instructional Strategies
- 5. Behavioral Management – Social and Emotional Competence of Learners
- 6. Introduction to Education Research
Specializations (20 credits)
- 1. Fundamental Elements of Integrating Technology in Classroom
- 2. Advanced Aspects of Integrating Technology in Classroom
- 3. Creating an Engaging Virtual Classroom
- 4. Mastering Virtual Training and Virtual Presentations
Capstone Project (30 credits) - Choose 1
- 1. Prepare a paper on any one topic of by attending a one live online webinar from ACT – 5000 words
- 2. Attend any seminar in Education in your region and create a reflective paper on the same – 5000 words
- 3. Research Paper – Creating an engaging virtual class for primary learners – 5000 words
To receive a degree in the program of study the student must achieve the following:
- Complete and pass Foundation, Core and Specialization along with the Capstone project as prescribed in the program specification.
- Obtain a score of 50% and above to satisfactorily pass each subject
- Complete the full program of study in minimum duration of 12 months, and a maximum duration of up to 24 months. However, those unable to complete the program within the stipulated time will be given a grace period of 1 year and the student would be required to pay a maintenance bench fee to finish his/her degree within that grace period.
- Students can attend 6 Live Online Webinar Sessions during the entire program from expert teachers at no additional cost.
- Trainees are awarded Master of Arts in Teaching by the well-known European International University (EIU – Paris).
- Students will receive Letter of Completion from Asian College of Teachers (ACT).
Trainees are awarded Bachelor of Education in Pre and Primary Education by the well-known European International University (EIU-Paris) and a Letter of Completion from Asian College of Teachers (ACT).
- ACT’s admission process is quite easy and compliant
- Candidates can apply online and send in their application
- ACT’s admission department will contact candidates via mail
- Candidates can opt for any form of payment method
- Applications are now open; it takes only 5 minutes to complete.
In a continuous advancing and evolving world, it is a fact that technology is taking over contemporary classrooms in which educational technology plays a significant role and is a thriving area of study whose popularity is sky-rocketing with each passing day.
After completion of the course, you can work in the education sector and distance learning environments. Schools are incorporating technology at each level and are ready to hire educators able to assist in planning and implementation.
Other positions which will open up after successfully completing this course are:
- Classroom Teacher
- Computer Instructor
- Media Specialist
- Course Designer
- Faculty Support and Development
- Learning and Development trainer
- Corporate Trainer
- Designer of Training Materials
- Consultant, Training Manager
These positions offer to solve performance problems, assess customer needs, train employees, evaluate effectiveness and may even create and/or present workshops and courses. You can even get to work with an Instruction Design Company that deals with developing courseware, curriculum and software. You can also work as a Curriculum Developer, Trainer, Analyst etc.
With some experience, you can apply for positions like:
- Instructional Technology Specialist
- Director of Training
- Director - Learning & Development
- Manager - Organizational Development
- Vice President for Professional Development
- Multimedia Script Writer
- Conference Associate/Client Liaison
- Worldwide Training Director
- Design & Development Specialist
AccreditationAsian College of Teachers (ACT), an award-winning institution with a strong global presence and 600+ school network in Asia, provides research-led, broad range of courses in Education that prepare globally competent educators and leaders.
- ACT provides world-class, international higher education curricula in Education led by an Academic Body comprising highly qualified and internationally accomplished educators and industry experts.
- ACT's higher education programs are duly validated and certified by The European International University, EIU-Paris.
- Asian College of Teachers (ACT) is affiliated to The European International University, EIU-Paris.
- Students successfully completing ACT's cutting-edge international education curricula will receive ACT's certification of completion as well as the Bachelor’s, Masters or Professional Doctoral degree from The European International University, EIU-Paris.
- The European International University, EIU-Paris is a private, independent higher education provider. Read More
- EIU – Paris, is a private higher education establishment authorized by the French Ministry of National Education, Higher Education, Research, and Innovation.
- The European International University, EIU-Paris is accredited by the Accreditation Service for International Schools, Colleges and Universities (ASIC).
- EIU-Paris is duly authorized as a Professional Training service provider in accordance with Article R.6351-6 of the French Employment Code, under the registration number: 11755784775, with the prefecture of the region of ILE-DE-FRANCE.
- EIU – Paris holds organizational membership with CAMBRIDGE INTERNATIONAL ACADEMICS, a U.K. and Wales registered R&D organization whose sole purpose is to enhance the visibility of research themes beyond global approaches and coverage.
- ACT is a member of CPD Certification Service UK and ACT courses are accredited by the International Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (QAHE) and endorsed by NCC Education, an Ofqual regulated awarding organization and a global provider of British education.