Special Education In-Class Program
If you are planning to enter the world of special education, then enrol with us at ACT for our 5 days’ Special Education in-class program. It aims at acquainting you with the various challenges of the children suffering from disabilities like ADHD, Down’s syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, and Asperger’s Syndrome and learn about the various tools, strategies and techniques to be used when handling learners with special needs.
Education of all Handicapped Children Act of 1975, the first legislation to protect the educational rights of students with disabilities, has made it possible for all children to receive education without any form of discrimination. Later the Act was modified into Individuals with Disabilities Education Act, or IDEA in 1990 where it states that all special needs students must be given free access to education in the least restrictive environment. No educational institute can deny admission of a child with Special Education Needs. In such scenarios, the need for well trained teachers have increased manifold.
Bangkok - A fact true to its core, Bangkok welcomes more visitors than any other city in the world. A city of contrasts with action at every turn, Bangkok will never fail to amaze you. The gleaming temples, tuk tuks along the bustling Chinatown or the longtail boats in the floating markets – these things will surely give you the best time of your life. Food is another Bangkok highlight, from local dishes served at humble street stalls to haute cuisine at romantic rooftop restaurants. Luxury malls compete with a sea of boutiques and markets, where you can treat yourself without overspending. Once in Bangkok, never miss their happening nightlife with nightclubs, cabarets or exotic red-light districts.
Bangalore - Bangalore, officially called Bengaluru, is the capital of the southern state of Karnataka. Bangalore is popularly known as the ‘Silicon Valley’ of India for being a major IT hub of the nation. The bustling cosmopolitan city with an all-year-round pleasant climate has many cafes, shopping malls and restaurants for a memorable trip to the city. The city also has some wonderful tourist hotspots that include Bangalore Palace, Lal Bagh, Bannerghatta National Park, Innovative Film City and Cubbon Park.
Deepen and enhance your learning with ACT Video Lectures
Course Duration and Dates
- The program is for 5 days duration
- The course will be held in the Thai capital – Bangkok and in the IT capital of India - Bangalore
The course covers duration of 5 days and is apt for both new as well as experienced teacher for those who are looking to gain a clear insight into the education approaches of special children without causing too much of inconvenience of accommodating the 5 day training course in their daily schedules.
Mentioned below is the program schedule for our Special Education program:
1st July - 5th July - Admission open
4th Nov - 8th Nov - Admission open
- 10+2 is the minimum entry requirement
- Both aspiring as well as experienced teachers are eligible to apply
The minimum eligibility for enrolling in Special Education in-class program is 10 + 2. Aspiring as well as experienced teachers who desire to gain knowledge in special education teaching methods or upgrade their teaching skills to excel in their chosen area are encouraged to take the program.
If you are planning to enter the field of special education, you need to pursue a short yet intensive professional course like our 5 days Special Education in-class program which will let you to acquire knowledge and skills in nursery teaching methods and techniques. To learn to handle things smoothly and to show enthusiasm with the special children in the classroom by establishing a loving and warm atmosphere, you must opt for our 5-day Special Education in-class program.
- Program is available at a fee of 500 USD / 17000 THB / 400 GBP
- It is an in-class program
- Program available in Bangkok and Bangalore
Our 5-day Special Education in-class program revolves around encouraging the development and learning of special needs children and can be availed at a reasonable course fee. Enrol for the program, complete the program and feel the confidence yourself!
|500 USD||17000 THB||400 GBP|
1. Introduction to special education
2. Code of practice in special education
3. Identifying and supporting learners with special education needs
4. Supporting learners with impairments:
- auditory and visual
- mental ‘retardation’/slowness
5. Identifying various types of learning challenges
6. Creating Individual Education Plans
7. Helping learners with reading comprehension
8. Helping learners with mathematical reasoning
9. Managing behaviours
11. Down’s Syndrome
12. Cerebral Palsy
13. Asperger’s Syndrome
14. *Peer teach practice
15. Review of peer teach
16. Legal rights of SEN students
17. Reflections on the SEN course
*Course includes peer teach practice
On successful completion of the course, candidates will receive a globally recognized certificate awarded by Asian College of Teachers (ACT). The certificate will act as a catalyst in your search for better job opportunities as well as benefit entrepreneurs with their own day-care centre.
- Easy admission process
- Application can be submitted online
- Opt for any online payment scheme
For those looking to enrol you need to fill up an online application form with all the relevant details and must provide correct email id and phone number as all the communication will be forwarded there. Once the application form is submitted, you will receive the course details via email and phone call from ACT’s admission executives. The course fee payment details will be mailed to you once we confirm your enrollment. The course fee can be paid through online payment using Debit / Credit Card or by depositing Cash, wire transfer and Western Union or Money Gram. After the payment is credited you will be receiving payment confirmation with online admission form. You need to fill up the same and submit in order to get online access to the course.
- Teachers trained in dealing with special learners will find opportunities in various schools across the globe
- Anyone aspiring to become a trained teacher in today’s inclusive classrooms or are looking for better positions like that of a teacher-in-charge
- For budding entrepreneurs who are looking to open a creche or a day-care centre for children, our certificate on attending the 5 day Special Ed program will be helpful for you while dealing with children with learning disabilities like Down’s syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, and Asperger’s Syndrome
- Even for parents with special children will hugely benefit from this course as they get hands-on learning lessons from our trainer conducting the workshop
- Social workers who are dealing with special children, will greatly benefit from our 5 day workshop as they get acquainted with various teaching and managing skills related to specially abled children