An Insight to Help the Children with Various Learning Disabilities
Learning disabilities are difficulties connected to the incapability to understand various subjects. In here, subjects do not just mean any joint form of text books or edifying content but a whole area of basic knowledge skills. On an average of more than 2 million students are diagnosed with learning and specific learning disabilities. This can also be determined as a break between the child’s potential and their actual achievement. This is the cause why people who have learning disabilities also name it as hidden disabilities. The external look of the person seems very normal; sometimes they look like a bright and intellectual person. But they may be not capable of carrying out what they are expected from someone of a nearer age group.
It is not just restricted to the educational ground. These disabilities go further than that, affecting the personal and professional association. It is a lifelong challenge with no absolute treatment. Children suffering from learning disabilities have a standard or above standard brainpower. It is the job of a teacher to explore the hidden talent of a student with a learning disability and enhance their education with some special methods. These methods are required to be learnt and an international course in special education can help the aspirants who want to be a special teacher or shadow teacher in order to help the special children can make their wish come true.
Teaching children with Learning Disabilities
An important thing which every teacher needs to understand is that learning disabilities are some deficiencies which a small number of individuals possess and those are not diseases. They are incurable. But there are many strategies for the teachers to help the students overcome these shortcomings.
1. A quick recognition leads to a fast solution. Parental guidance and support from teachers are what every child searches. One can say that a loving hand is what every person craves for. Students with learning disabilities need that extra concern and tolerance to conquer their psychological bewilderment.
2. For students who suffer from Dyslexia, special teaching method like multi sensory method has to be applied to make out between different letters and words. They should be prearranged with extra time to conclude tests and recorded information, for an improved perception. Interactive audio books are of huge help.
3. Children who are suffering from Dysgraphia can be helped by giving audio based methods like video tapes or tape recorder instead of written methods.
4. Professional special education teacher or shadow teachers can come as a great help. They can help the children and their teachers relate the emotional chaos, explaining them a variety of ways of coping mechanism and tips to construct healthy relationships.
5. It is not just the job of the teachers and dear ones of a Learning Disable child to plan methods of their betterment. People with learning disabilities should be encouraged to incorporate the feeling of their needs, in order to overcome such obstacles. The children suffer from aggravation, low esteem, and it is usual that belief like inferiority complex sneaks into them. They should tie together the positivity from their loved ones to the battle way their disabilities.
6. Children can also have various learning disabilities which are not odd. Their minds just function with a different frequency. The teacher needs to understand that and revise their methods differently.
Trying to understand such special children and helping them to put up to their needs and feelings can help them to a large extent. Most of the learning disable children mainly face problems about reading and learning. Till now with a huge margin many children, as well as adults, are found severely untaught as their issues were not detected or they are not divided with people teaching methods. Many children do have some astonishing creative skill which should be encouraged. This works as a marvelous self confidence booster for the children. Learning the elementary of Learning Disabilities is a vital step for the special education teachers.