MA in Education with Special Education– Asian College of Teachers
MA in Education with Special Educational Needs is the course for you if you want to gain comprehensive knowledge in Autism, Down Syndrome and other Learning Disabilities and Individualized Education Program (IEP). With a maximum duration of 36 months, the course has 90 credits that have been divided among Foundation, Core, and Specialization and Capstone Project.
The course comprises of course topics in ADHD, Autism, Down Syndrome and Learning Disabilities in the Specialization section and a 5000 words paper on a topic chosen by you from three options provided in the curriculum. The course being offered online serves as an advantage for all aspirants who can pursue this course from anywhere and at any time. The degree will be awarded by the European International University (EIU-Paris).
- Complete the full program of study in minimum duration of 12 months, and a maximum duration of up to 24 months.
- However, those unable to complete the program within the stipulated time will be given a grace period of 1 year and the student would be required to pay a maintenance bench fee to finish his/her degree within that grace period.
- The course is conducted on a 100% online mode of learning
- There is a total of 90 credit hours.
- Online master’s course offers enough flexibility to the candidates that allow them to pursue the program across the globe.
Our entire Master program, including masters in special needs education under Faculty of Education has four distinct parts:
- Part One – Foundation Course which comprises of 10 credits and 2 Subjects
- Part Two – Core Program comes with 30 credits and 6 Subjects
- Part Three – Specialization of Subjects comes with 20 credits divided into 4 Specialized subjects
- Part Four – Capstone Project which is a reflective research work comprises of 30 credits
- High School certificate
- Recognized Bachelor Degree in any field or equivalent level
- Life Experience and prior learning credits are available
- English Level – IELTS Level 5.0 or High School study of all subjects in English or at least 55% marks in English in your High School is desired
- Knowledge of Internet and browsing, MS Word and Online Research Skill is required
The minimum eligibility for enrolling in MA special educational needs is a Bachelor’s degree. Applicants must complete their Bachelor’s degree in any field or its equivalent as issued by the Ministry of Education in their home countries. Applicants must also demonstrate English competence. English Level – IELTS Level 5.0 or High School study of all subjects in English or at least 55% marks in English in your High School is also required.
All applicants must possess a clear record of good conduct and must be in good health. Specially-abled applicants are encouraged to apply and are ensured equal opportunities.
Different payment options are available. Payments can be made via Online Bank Transfer, Credit Card, PayPal or Cash at our Global Centers.
- 2400 GBP – If Paying from UK or EU
- 93,000 Thai Baht – If Paying in Asia
- 200,000 INR– If Paying in India
All fees include tax. Fees include all: Program of study, LMS access, study guide, evaluation and assessment, diploma and transcript. Courier charges apply for Diploma and Transcript dispatch to your country. Certificate Notary and Apostille charges are separate from USA. Please check with your admission adviser for more details.
Once applicants register for a course, they are responsible for dropping any course they decide not to attend.
- Once a candidate has enrolled in the program and wish to immediately pull out before any access has been granted - 50% of the tuition fee will be refunded
- No refund for candidates who have received course access and have already started off with the program from ACT
- Read all Terms and Conditions before making payments
- Processing of refunds make take up to 3 months
All of our applicants for our online masters in special education are eligible for scholarships. They are generally customized as per the professional and educational backgrounds of the candidates, and their specific abilities that help them stand out from the others. The scholarship will depend on the educational qualification, area of academic interest as well as the GPA i.e. Grade Point Average of the student, which will measure his/her overall academic grade. Teaching/ training/professional experiences will also be taken into account for the scholarship program. All deserving applicants will find the right scholarship, which will help boost their future plans, and allow them to enjoy an affordable learning experience.
Curriculum & Credits
Foundation (10 credits)
- 1. Psychology and Characteristics of Learners
- 2. Conducting Accurate Internet Research
Core (30 credits)
- 1. Developing, Planning & Designing learning Environment
- 2. Digital literacy – 21st Century Classroom
- 3. Assessment & Evaluation in Education
- 4. Instructional Strategies
- 5. Behavioral Management – Social and Emotional Competence of Learners
- 6. Introduction to Education Research
Specializations (20 credits)
- 1. Learn about Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- 2. Understanding Down Syndrome
- 3. Autism – Features, Identification and Support
- 4. Learning Disabilities – Identification and Instructional Approaches
Capstone Project (30 credits) - Choose 1
- 1. Prepare a paper on any one topic of by attending a one live online webinar from ACT – 5000 words
- 2. Attend any seminar in Education in your region and create a reflective paper on the same – 5000 words
- 3. Research Paper – ‘Building an Inclusive Classroom Environment’ – 5000 words
To receive a Master's Degree in special education, the student must achieve the following:
- Complete and pass Foundation, Core and Specialization along with the Capstone project as prescribed in the program specification.
- Obtain a score of 50% and above to satisfactorily pass each subject
- Complete the full program of study in minimum duration of 12 months, and a maximum duration of up to 24 months. However, those unable to complete the program within the stipulated time will be given a grace period of 1 year and the student would be required to pay a maintenance bench fee to finish his/her degree within that grace period.
- Students can attend 6 Live Online Webinar Sessions during the entire program from expert teachers at no additional cost.
- Trainees are awarded Master of Arts in Teaching by the well-known European International University (EIU – Paris).
- Students will receive Letter of Completion from Asian College of Teachers (ACT).
Trainees are awarded Bachelor of Education in Pre and Primary Education by the well-known European International University (EIU-Paris) and a Letter of Completion from Asian College of Teachers (ACT).
- ACT’s admission process is quite easy and compliant
- Candidates can apply online and send in their application
- ACT’s admission department will contact candidates via mail
- Candidates can opt for any form of online payment method
- Applications are now open; it takes only 5 minutes to complete.
Apart from the expected teaching profession, there are several other sought-after careers that can help you fulfill your dreams as this master degree course from ACT can open up a variety of careers to help children with special needs.
However, you can as well continue to be a regular teacher in an inclusive classroom too.
On the other hand, you can always find rewarding careers outside of the school setting with this degree. Other than being special education/shadow teachers, several job opportunities at organizations that provide training, services or advocacy for individuals with disabilities may knock your door. With competitive salaries, work flexibility and career advancement options, they are often better than public or private-school opportunities.
Whether you choose to be a teacher in the classroom or pursue other options, this master’s course will help you move several steps ahead in your professional career in education.
- Complete tutor support throughout the course
- Candidates can learn at their own pace
- Additional support of online videos and reference materials
Expect complete guidance from the experienced tutors of Asian College of Teachers for helping you complete the course. With their valuable experience, the tutors provide maximum support to the trainees, guiding them when required. They extend their tutoring support by sharing relevant information and answering all queries related to the course content. With the course providing flexible learning opportunities, you can take the opportunity to learn at your own pace and clear all their doubts as and when required. You can email their queries to discuss any course related problem.
- ACT provides world-class, international higher education curricula in Education led by an Academic Body comprising highly qualified and internationally accomplished educators and industry experts.
- ACT's higher education programs are duly validated and certified by The European International University, EIU-Paris.
- Asian College of Teachers (ACT) is affiliated to The European International University, EIU-Paris.
- Students successfully completing ACT's cutting-edge international education curricula will receive ACT's certification of completion as well as the Bachelor’s, Masters or Professional Doctoral degree from The European International University, EIU-Paris.
- The European International University, EIU-Paris is a private, independent higher education provider. Read More
- EIU – Paris, is a private higher education establishment authorized by the French Ministry of National Education, Higher Education, Research, and Innovation.
- The European International University, EIU-Paris is accredited by the Accreditation Service for International Schools, Colleges and Universities (ASIC).
- EIU-Paris is duly authorized as a Professional Training service provider in accordance with Article R.6351-6 of the French Employment Code, under the registration number: 11755784775, with the prefecture of the region of ILE-DE-FRANCE.
- EIU – Paris holds organizational membership with CAMBRIDGE INTERNATIONAL ACADEMICS, a U.K. and Wales registered R&D organization whose sole purpose is to enhance the visibility of research themes beyond global approaches and coverage.
- ACT is a member of CPD Certification Service UK and ACT courses are accredited by the International Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (QAHE) and endorsed by NCC Education, an Ofqual regulated awarding organization and a global provider of British education.