P G Diploma in Counselling Children and Youth
Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling Children and Youth is an advanced and stimulating course that proves beneficial in introducing you to the necessary counselling theories and approaches in the field of counselling. It will help you gain a better understanding and knowledge of the complete counselling process. It will also prove beneficial in developing a relationship with the clients in a helpful, therapeutic and meaningful way. The course acquaints you with the essential approaches and skills that are vital to become an efficient counsellor and be able to actively listen to the client’s concerns and empathise with their position. Position of counsellor is in much demand across the world in various institutes, organisations or simply as an individual counsellor.
- A Bachelor’s degree is the preferred criterion
- Age limit of 18 years or above
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
- Basic computer skills
If you are planning a career in the field of counselling, you will get comprehensive knowledge related to counselling. The course is also applicable for experienced professionals who need to upgrade their knowledge base and skills, keeping in tune with the present-day requirements of the 21st century clients and will benefit adequately from enrolling in this advanced Counselling Course.
- You will receive a globally recognized certificate from ACT on successful completion of the course
- The certificates will be duly signed by Mr Mervin Strome and Ms Ann Bale
On successful completion of P G Diploma in Counselling course, you will be awarded a globally recognized certificate from Asian College of Teachers, bearing the Authorised Signatures of the Course Developers, Mr Mervin Strome and Ms Ann Bale, both of whom are distinguished professionals in their field and has been working in Education, Counselling, Psychology and Psychotherapy for over 30 years.
Mr. Mervin Strome – Mr Mervin has a Master’s Degree in Counselling and worked as a counsellor in private practice and for professional counselling agencies.
Ms. Ann Bale – Ms Ann has a Master’s Degree in Psychology, a Diploma in Clinical and Pastoral Counselling, and has completed a year of psychotherapy training.
The certificates awarded have an added advantage as the word ‘Online’ will not be mentioned in the certificates. Shipment of certificates within India is done free of cost but the candidates residing outside India are required to pay an additional fee. Generally after submission of all the assignments and completion of the course, you will be required to pay the dispatch fee. It takes a maximum of 3 weeks for the certificates to reach the candidate’s address.
The curriculum for the P G Diploma course in counselling children and youth has been divided into 18 modules.
- Module 1: Introduction to Counselling Skills
- Module 2: Exploring Effective Listening Skills
- Module 3: Acquiring and Using Microskills
- Module 4: Introducing Egan’s The Skilled Helper Model
- Module 5: Applying Egan’s The Skilled Helper Model
- Module 6: Ethics in Counselling
- Module 7: Introduction to Counselling Theory
- Module 8: The Psychodynamic and Behavioural Approaches
- Module 9: The Humanistic and Cognitive-Behavioural Approachess
- Module 10: The Social Constructionist Approaches
- Module 11: The Family Systems Approach
- Module 12: The Feminist and Multicultural Approaches
- Module 13: An Overview of Child Development and the Therapeutic Relationship
- Module 14: Play Therapy and Expressive Techniques
- Module 15: Family Issues
- Module 16: Grief & Loss, Abuse, Self-Harm and Suicide
- Module 17: Self-Esteem, Peer Pressure, Bullying, Gender and Sexual Identity
- Module 18: Eating Disorders and Substance Related Disorders
The course comprises of six knowledge and practice based learning modules (comprehensive course notes), enhanced with suggested background reading, reflection activities and submission of tutor-marked assignments. There is one marked assignment per module. The offered courses are on a part-time basis and can be completed within 18 months. You will also enjoy the flexibility to complete the course in a shorter time frame.
- Easy admission process
- Application can be submitted online
- Opt for any online payment scheme
If you are aspiring to venture into the field of counselling then you may enrol in the course by filling up an online application form with all the appropriate details, correct email id and phone number as all the communication will be forwarded there. Once the application form is submitted, the candidates will receive the course details via email and phone call from ACT’s admission executives. The course fee payment details will be mailed to you once your enrolment gets confirmed. The course fee can be paid through online payment using Debit / Credit Card or by depositing Cash, Cheque or Demand Draft to our bank account. After the payment is credited the candidates will be receiving payment confirmation with online admission form. You need to fill up the same and submit in order to get online access to the course.
- Complete tutor support throughout the course
- Candidates can learn at their own pace
- Additional support of reflection activities and reference materials
After enrolling in the P G Diploma in Counselling Children and Youth, you can expect complete guidance from the course developers Mr Mervin Strome and Ms Ann Bale, who are committed to helping the candidates to achieve their learning goals. With years of valuable experience they will provide you with great support and guide through all the aspects of teaching giving valuable advice in every step of the way. They extend their tutoring support by sharing relevant information and answering questions related to the course content. Since the course of ACT offer you a flexible learning, you can take the opportunity to learn at your own pace and clear queries as and when required.
The counsellor’s duty includes helping people in exploring their feelings and emotions that are often related to their experiences. A degree in counselling not only acquaints you with the skills and understanding but also open up doors for ample and rewarding job opportunities on a global level. So, if you have good listening skills and possess a will to help those in distress along with an interest in psychology and counselling, then a career as a counsellor will definitely suit you. Relevant experience in a helping capacity is sought-after and is particularly useful if you can demonstrate experience of working with a diverse range of clients. Successfully completing the course will lead to job prospects in:
- schools, further education colleges, universities and higher education colleges
- health sector settings including hospitals, oncology, genetics, general practices, community healthcare, mental and occupational health teams
- youth services and agencies
- children's centres
If you are certified, then you van can also establish yourself as a self-employed counsellor after gaining enough experience. This could potentially increase your flexibility and income in addition to proving beneficial in building your client base.
If you are into research work or into the field of academics in colleges and universities, willing to upgrade your knowledge and get certified in the same, this advanced course can also benefit you.